This course has been developed by Daniela Bunea, teacher of English as a Foreign Language and class teacher in a secondary school for 26 years now, in close collaboration with the School Education Gateway.
The general aim of this Short Online Course is to provide a sound understanding of the role of building pupils’ career development awareness in schools.
- By establishing a common understanding on what career education is, we will identify career success stories in a fast-paced and ever-changing world.
- We will then explore career readiness and illustrate how interests, values and skills such as communication skills, language skills, digital skills, creativity, critical thinking and personal marketing can foster a resourceful mindset.
- The course will also provide you with practical support in terms of designing an innovative plan to inform a future career path for your pupils , alongside with exploiting other effective data-gathering tools.
Each of the four modules consists of multimedia resources and discussions around these, practical tasks using a wide range of digital tools, forums for exchanging ideas, as well as a further- reading section with extra resources.
- The language of communication is English.
- You can follow the course at your own pace. The only deadline you need to pay attention to is for the final peer assessment assignment.
- To get the most out of the course, you can join the course Facebook group or share your thoughts on Twitter using the hashtag #careereducationTA
|Module 1 – Work, Job, Career||
Start date: 29/11/2021 12:00
|Module 2 – Career Readiness||
Start date: 02/12/2021 12:00
|Module 3 – Personal Marketing Strategies||
Start date: 06/12/2021 12:00
|Module 4 – Planning a Career Path - Final Activity and Peer Assessment||
Start date: 08/12/2021 12:00
Monday, 13 December 2021
You will receive a course badge and a course certificate if you complete the full course: this means you have to visit all sections and complete the final peer assessment activity before the deadline.
All badges can be exported to the Badgr Backpack.
You can get your certificate formally accredited if you live in Ireland or Portugal. Find out how to apply for accreditation.